It’s Saturday, August 30 and 3:09am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
New Orleans named the Coolest Start-up City in America Inc. Magazine
Downtown is at the center of 12 neighborhoods that are home to almost 40,000 residents with a strong income and education profile
New Orleans listed as 1 of 5 safe havens to ride out the recession Christian Science Monitor
New Orleans named one of the 15 Coolest North American Cities MSN Travel
Forbes.com ranks New Orleans #8 in Top Cities to Relocate Forbes.com
New Orleans named Major Market of the Year Southern Business and Development
Downtown is 1.2 walkable square miles
Downtown is a collage of 8 distinct neighborhoods that includes 4 historic districts.