It’s Sunday, March 9 and 8:56am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
Downtown welcomes approximately 120,000 people on a given week-day, enough to make it the fourth largest city in Louisiana
Downtown is at the center of 12 neighborhoods that are home to almost 40,000 residents with a strong income and education profile
New Orleans ranked #1 Most Improved on "Best Cities for Business" Wall Street Journal Marketwatch
New Orleans ranked in top 10 "Next Cities" of the best places to live and work for young professionals Next Generation Consulting
New Orleans Tourism Breaks Record in 2011 with 8.75 Million Visitors University of New Orleans Hospitality Research Center
New Orleans ranked #2 employment market in the country Manpower
Looking for a place to live? There are 2,875 residential units Downtown and even more in the pipeline.
New Orleans named the Coolest Start-up City in America Inc. Magazine