It’s Thursday, October 23 and 4:18am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
Downtown is 1.2 walkable square miles
New Orleans ranked #2 employment market in the country Manpower
New Orleans Tourism Breaks Record in 2011 with 8.75 Million Visitors University of New Orleans Hospitality Research Center
New Orleans tops New Geography's list of "America's Biggest Brain Magnets" NewGeography.com
Hungry? There are 176 restaurants and 32 sidewalk cafes in Downtown New Orleans
"The transformation that's taking place in New Orleans both socially and economically is stunning." World Trade 100 Magazine
Downtown is at the center of 12 neighborhoods that are home to almost 40,000 residents with a strong income and education profile
New Orleans has 3rd fastest wage growth in the USA CareerBuilder.com