It’s Tuesday, July 29 and 11:59pm in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
Downtown is the largest employment center in Louisiana with 62,000 jobs
Downtown's population has doubled in the past 10 years to 5,100 residents. It is expected to double again by 2020.
New Orleans Tourism Breaks Record in 2011 with 8.75 Million Visitors University of New Orleans Hospitality Research Center
New Orleans named Major Market of the Year Southern Business and Development
New Orleans has 3rd fastest wage growth in the USA CareerBuilder.com
Louisiana ranked #1 State of the Year Southern Business & Development
New Orleans named one of the 15 Coolest North American Cities MSN Travel
"The transformation that's taking place in New Orleans both socially and economically is stunning." World Trade 100 Magazine