It’s Sunday, February 1 and 2:39am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
New Orleans ranked #1 Top Cities for Information Jobs in the U.S. Forbes
New Orleans named the Coolest Start-up City in America Inc. Magazine
Louisiana ranked #1 State of the Year Southern Business & Development
New Orleans Tourism Breaks Record in 2011 with 8.75 Million Visitors University of New Orleans Hospitality Research Center
Downtown's population has doubled in the past 10 years to 5,100 residents. It is expected to double again by 2020.
New Orleans has 3rd fastest wage growth in the USA CareerBuilder.com
New Orleans ranked #1 Most Improved on "Best Cities for Business" Wall Street Journal Marketwatch
Downtown Clean Teams work around the clock, making it one of the cleanest downtowns in the country.