It’s Saturday, October 25 and 2:38pm in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
New Orleans named Major Market of the Year Southern Business and Development
Forbes.com ranks New Orleans #8 in Top Cities to Relocate Forbes.com
Looking for a place to live? There are 2,875 residential units Downtown and even more in the pipeline.
Downtown is the largest employment center in Louisiana with 62,000 jobs
$3.4 billion invested Downtown since 2005
New Orleans tops New Geography's list of "America's Biggest Brain Magnets" NewGeography.com
Downtown is 1.2 walkable square miles
Downtown is a collage of 8 distinct neighborhoods that includes 4 historic districts.